Canada Tourist Visa: A Complete Document Checklist for 2023
If you plan on getting a tourist visa for Canada, read along to know all the important aspects about it. Canada is well-known for being the most welcoming country to immigrants. It is also a lovely place to visit, with many natural beauties, historical landmarks, and varied cultures. While most immigration applicants are granted a Canada tourist Visa, many applications are rejected due to incomplete paperwork and insufficient or erroneous evidence.
Who requires a Canada Visitor Visa?
Foreign nationals who would like to visit Canada for:
- Leisure and tourism purpose
- Meet family and friends
- Business purpose
All the above categories require having a visitor visa to enter Canada. This is a type of temporary resident visa.
Minimum Requirements for a Canada Visitor Visa
The requirements for a Canada visitor visa for an applicant:
- Must have a passport
- Must have good health
- Must have no criminal record
- Must have enough funds to support your stay in Canada
- Must provide the travel itinerary and to and from air tickets
- Must show proof of job, family, and financial assets
What are the Documents Required for Canada Tourist Visa?
To apply for a Canada Visitor Visa, also known as a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), you need to meet certain minimum requirements. Here are the basic requirements:
- Valid Passport: You must have a valid passport that will remain valid for the duration of your intended visit to Canada.
- Application Form: You need to complete the application form for a Temporary Resident Visa and provide all the required information accurately.
- Purpose of Visit: You should have a valid reason for visiting Canada, such as tourism, visiting family or friends, attending a business meeting or conference, or receiving medical treatment.
- Financial Ability: You must demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to support yourself during your stay in Canada, including covering your expenses for accommodation, transportation, and other costs.
- Ties to Your Home Country: You need to provide evidence that you have strong ties to your home country, such as employment, property ownership, family, or financial assets. This helps to establish that you have reasons to return to your home country after your visit to Canada.
- Intention to Return: You must convince the visa officer that you have a genuine intention to leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay and that you will not overstay your visa.
- Medical Examination: In some cases, you may be required to undergo a medical examination to ensure that you are in good health and not a risk to public health in Canada.
- Proof of Travel History: Providing evidence of your past travel history, such as previous visas and passport stamps, can support your application by demonstrating your compliance with immigration laws.
- Invitation Letter (if applicable): If you are visiting family or friends in Canada, they may provide you with an invitation letter stating the purpose of your visit, their contact information, and their commitment to supporting you during your stay.
- Additional Supporting Documents: Depending on your specific circumstances and purpose of visit, additional documents may be required, such as a letter of employment, educational certificates, or travel itinerary.
Visa Application Process for Canadian Tourist Visa from India
To apply for a Canadian Tourist Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) from India, you can follow these steps:
- Determine your eligibility: Review the eligibility criteria for a Canadian Tourist Visa to ensure you meet the requirements, such as having a valid passport, financial ability to support your stay, intention to return to India, and a clear purpose for visiting Canada.
- Gather required documents: Prepare the necessary documents for your visa application, which typically include:
- Valid passport: Ensure your passport is valid for the duration of your intended stay in Canada.
- Completed application form: Fill out the application form accurately and honestly.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs: Follow the specifications provided by the Canadian visa office.
- Proof of financial support: Provide evidence of sufficient funds to cover your expenses during your stay in Canada, such as bank statements, employment letter, or sponsorship letter.
- Travel itinerary: Outline your planned activities in Canada, including accommodation arrangements, transportation details, and attractions you plan to visit.
- Purpose of visit documentation: Depending on the nature of your visit, you may need to provide additional supporting documents, such as a letter of invitation, proof of enrollment if you\’re attending a conference or course, or medical treatment documents if you\’re seeking healthcare in Canada.
- Other documents: Include any additional documents requested by the Canadian visa office based on your individual circumstances.
- Pay the application fee: Pay the required visa application fee, which can be paid online or through designated payment methods.
- Submit your application: Submit your completed application, along with the required documents and the payment receipt, to the designated visa application center or online portal.
- Attend a biometrics appointment: Schedule and attend a biometrics appointment at a Visa Application Center (VAC) to provide your fingerprints and photograph.
- Wait for processing: The processing time for Canadian Tourist Visas can vary, so it\’s important to check the estimated processing times on the official website of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
- Track your application: Use the unique tracking number provided to monitor the status of your application online.
- Attend an interview (if required): In some cases, you may be called for an interview with a visa officer to further assess your application. If requested, attend the interview at the designated location.
- Collect your passport: Once your application is processed and approved, you will receive your passport with the visa stamped in it. If your application is rejected, you will receive a letter explaining the reasons for the rejection.
It is advisable to consult the official website of IRCC or seek professional advice for the most accurate and up-to-date information on the visa application process for a Canadian Tourist Visa from India.
What is the Fee Required to Apply for Canada Tourist Visa?
For the tourist visa the fee required is:
- Application fee: 100 CAD (6,140 INR approx.)
- Biometrics fee: 85 CAD (5,219 INR approx.)
Funds Needed for a Canada Tourist Visa
An individual living in Canada needs 1,230 CAD (INR 75,525 approx.) per month for their monthly expenses, and if an applicant is coming for tourism, then 2,000 CAD (INR 1,22,805 approx.) for 30 days per person is enough.
Processing Time for the Canada Tourist Visa
The processing time for visitor visas taken is 10-15 working days.
This time does not include:
- Time for giving biometrics
- Application send between VAC and visa office
Note: Visitor Visas are non-immigrant visa